Fuel Monitoring and GPS tracking system :
- With global fuel prices going up high, effective fuel usage has become the most urgent and imperial task. GPS vehicle tracking systems with fuel monitoring function has become the most useful tool for remote fuel management by mobile phone or internet enabled computer. GPS tracking devices detect the fuel amount remotely as well as the GPS coordinates and time. Application of GPS fuel monitoring system allows vehicle tracking systems to greatly increase the functionality, providing the user with information not only about the location and speed of the vehicle, but also to answer a wide range of issues relating to fuel monitoring
- Often we sense the confusion in the fleet owners about GPS tracking & Fuel Monitoring. The objective is to help as a primer to make the distinction clear.
What is GPS based live Vehicle Tracking?
Global Positioning System (GPS) is a space-based satellite navigation system, which provides the location & time information of any object having a GPS Receiver or GPS Tracker to put it simple. If you have a GPS Tracker installed in your truck, you will receive this information, at every point your vehicle moves. It also provides the derived parameters such as speed, status of vehicle - STOPPED or MOVING, Distance travelled between two locations, Acceleration, Deceleration, etc.
How this information is made available remotely?
- Now that the GPS Receiver has gathered location, time & other derived information, it needs to be transmitted to a remote server or a mobile phone to make the live information available to you. It requires a technology such as GSM, CDMA, GPRS, or Satellite Communication.
- Though the satellite communication is the best among others, it is really un-affordable due to huge costs involved. So, the affordable ones are GSM or GPRS technologies or simply the Mobile Internet that you use in your smart phones every day. All the GPS Trackers have an in-built GPRS modem that provides the mobile internet with the help of a SIM card.
What is Advanced Vehicle tracking?
As the technology is advancing day by day, we see lot of sensors being integrated into the GPS Trackers. So, GPS Tracker can now get more and more data with the help of sensors, thus making it an Advanced Vehicle Tracker.
What is fuel monitoring?
GPS Fuel monitoring Tracker keeps you updated about the fuel statistics. It should basically provide data and answer your questions such as :
- When the fuel tank refilled?
- How many liters of fuel refilled?
- What is the fuel consumption rate of my truck?
- What is the actual mileage of each vehicle?
- Did someone steal the fuel?
- Fuel monitoring, thus gives you complete control over the fuel statistics..
Why use external fuel level sensor? ( Pl. refer catalog – FLS – Fuel Level Sensors)
- The reasons to use external fuel level sensor :
- All time monitoring - When Vehicle engine is OFF, vehicle own sensor cannot work. External sensor works all the time as it is connected to vehicle battery directly.
- Accuracy - External fuel sensor works more accurately. We have 3 types fuel sensors for different purposes.
- Fuel theft alarm - With external fuel sensor, you can be notified by SMS command at once if there is fuel theft to fuel leak
- MF – Magnetic float
- C – Capacitive
- U – Ultrasonic